How We Help

If you drive while your license is suspended for nonpayment of fines, you can be charged and convicted of Driving While License Suspended 3 (DWLS 3) under current law, which carries a penalty of up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. CFJ’s relicensing program gives you an opportunity to stop the cycle of debt, incarceration, and unemployment caused by indefinite license suspension.

about OUR driver’s relicensing program

  • Helps participants pull their unpaid tickets out of collection agencies

  • Consolidates the fines into one reasonable monthly payment per court

  • Eliminates interest and fees

  • Allows participants to drive legally while they continue making payments

  • Requires participants to take a Rules of the Road and Fundamental Budgeting class that provides tools for long-term success



More Information


Who Qualifies

We serve individuals who do not qualify for the City of Spokane’s relicensing program: those who have extensive criminal history, revocations in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree, and, on a case-by-case basis, those who live outside of Spokane County.

How to Become a Participant

If you are interested in becoming a participant in our program, please call (509) 835–5211 then ask for the Drivers License Department to set up an appointment. We may tell you to first go to the City Prosecutor’s Community Relicensing Program (509) 835–5951 to ask if you qualify for their program.

For Those Outside Spokane County

If you do not live in Spokane County but you have unpaid traffic tickets holding your license from one of the counties we work with, we may still be able to help.

Please call (509) 835–5211, then ask for the Drivers Relicensing department to see if you qualify, before sending documents. If you qualify, print ALL of the following documents, including $150.00 payment ($200.00 total if you have out-of-county tickets), and mail the complete packet to Center for Justice, 35 W. Main Ave., Suite 300, Spokane, WA 99201.

  1. Dear Out of County Applicant Letter

  2. Intake Sheet

  3. Conduct Pledge

  4. Participation Agreement

  5. Financial Sheet

  6. Release of Information & Authorization to Request Records

  7. Release for Third Party Presence at Intake

  8. Letter Why I Need My License Reinstated

Assessment Appointments

Days and times for initial assessment appointments vary based on staff availability. You need to call (509) 835–5211 then ask for the Drivers Relicensing department to make an appointment before coming to our office.

What to bring to the Assessment Appointment:

You must bring ALL of these or we cannot assess you.

  1. Photo ID

  2. Money Order for $150 if in Spokane – $200 if outside of Spokane County (Do not fill out)

  3. Defendant Case History (Retrieved from the Municipal Court window at the courthouse)

  4. Name Summary (Retrieved from the Municipal Court window at the courthouse)

  5. Driving Abstract from Department of Licensing (Costs $13)

  6. Two Insurance Quotes or Proof of Insurance

  7. Proof of Income or Letter of Support if Unemployed

What to Expect at the Assessment Appointment:

At your appointment, we will review your paperwork to determine whether you qualify for our program. If we determine that you qualify, we will ask you to fill out additional paperwork. You will then participate in a Rules of the Road and Budgeting Class that helps you learn strategies to make smart spending decisions.


Typically, the entire process can take from 4 to 8 weeks; however, the timeline is entirely dependent on the availability of the prosecutors and judges that need to sign court paperwork. As the result, sometimes the process moves along more quickly while at other times it takes longer.

Making Payments

In Spokane County, you will pay PAR if you have Spokane Municipal and/or Spokane District Orders. Your Orders will tell you what month to make your payments. If you have any questions concerning your payments, you can contact PAR at (509) 232–7880.

Missed Payments

If you miss a payment, your tickets will be sent back to collections and you will need to contact us to re-enter the program. If you went through our program within the last six months, we can help you get back on a payment plan for a $100 fee. If you went through our program more than six months ago, you will need to pay the entire $150 fee and re-attend our Rules of the Road and Budgeting class.

Getting a License 

Once the judge signs your orders, it is up to you to:

  • Go to DOL to get a license

  • Check with DOL directly about testing requirements and fees